Hello there, you inquisitive mind. This girl behind the laptop screen is Shreshtha, and I cordially invite you take a sneak-peek, or a whole peek into my blog. I am a girl who has her mind, heart, and soul into everything and anything, but that is apparent from the various columns here. Here are some facts that you need to know, to know me —
1. As it is evident, I love writing, anything, poems, short stories, even songs.
2. I love to dance and play the keyboard too. One thing I hope to do before I grow old; learn guitar.
3. I speak Bengali (obviously), and English (blase), Sanskrit, and Hindi. Tried to learn French, my favourite language, but left it halfway due to, you know, studies.
4. I love the winters. Oh, don’t be so shocked, I do. I love to snuggle up in a blanket and read a spy novel.
5. Story books hold a stronger appeal to me than outings. I tend to stay alone. So, yeah, I am the perfect introvert you can find.
6. I am a huge fan of football, but I can’t play with anyone because no girl plays football, and society will think you are a harlot if you play with boys. So, I satiate myself with badminton, basketball, table tennis, and athletics.
7. I want to be a psychiatrist. Yes, that was my ambition ever since I saw a movie “Bhool Bhulaiya”. Plus, becoming a doctor was always my target, and not only because in our country, girls are destined to be doctors and boys to be engineers. It is because I WANT to be.
8. I am a sapiophile. That means, your big mouth and fake manners won’t impress me unless you have an intellectual mind.
9. I am a feminist. Not the hardcore types, but the one who believes everyone, men and women, were born equal. Most of my friendships don’t sustain for a long time, because I am too much independent and I don’t take any nonsense from anyone.
10. I am terrified of heights. I always feel like I was killed in my past life that makes me feel like this. I am still introspecting for signs of acrophobia.
11. I don’t cheat, neither in exams nor in real life. I firmly believe in getting everything with your hardwork, because there is no short-cut.
12. I love adventure sports, and travelling.
13. My ‘aim’ in life is to be the most successful psychiatrist in London.
14. I am currently writing three books, out of which one I hope to publish next year. So, yeah I want to be a psychiatrist AND a novelist.
15. I want to open a dance academy someday. And, yoga too.
16. And, always be a good human being.
I think that pretty much sums up myself. If any divine spirit intervenes my soul and sets a few alterations in myself, you will be the first one to know!